Prog Manager Gail Colson on her favourite songs and shows
She's the woman behind Peter Gabriel and Peter Hammil's solo careers, but do either feature among Gail Colson's favourite recordings and performances? We find out!
Gail’s Five Favourite Recordings
1. In Your Eyes Peter Gabriel, Charisma, 1986
2. Everyday Is Like Sunday Morrissey Produced and co-written by Stephen Street, HMV, 1988
3. We Don’t Need Nobody Else Whipping Boy, Columbia, 1995
4. Who? Where? Why? Jesus Jones, Food, 1991
5. Refugees Van der Graaf Generator, Charisma, 1970.
Colson: “Although it was before I was managing Peter, it was on Charisma and I therefore worked on it.”
GAIL’S FORCE 10 PERFORMANCES
1. Peter Gabriel: Forum Montreal, November, 1982. “When he could sell out arenas in Canada and only theatres in the States.”
2. The Subways: Reading Festival, main stage, 2008. “Also their first Shepherds Bush Empire, sold-out show.”
3. The Pretenders: Any of the Australian tour dates with Blondie, 2010. “Watching pissed Aussies singing along to every word of every song was most enjoyable!”
4. Jesus Jones: September 20, 1989. First sold out show at the Astoria, Charing Cross Road.
5. Peter Hammill/VdGG: Reunion at the Royal Festival Hall, May 6, 2005.