Maiden, Crimson and Yes men play orchestral prog
Adrian Smith, Gavin Harrison, Patrick Moraz and others reimagine classics with Royal Philharmonic
Iron Maiden's Adrian Smith and King Crimson's Gavin Harrison are among the big-name musicians who appear on an orchestral prog album released today.
The guitarist and drummer are joined by ex-Yes and Moody Blues keyboardist Patrick Moraz, guitarist Guthrie Govan and late Three Dog Night keyboardist Jimmy Greenspoon in collaboration with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra.
The album, entitled The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra Plays Prog Rock Classics, features tracks by Pink Floyd, Crimson, Rush, Yes, Genesis, Jethro Tull and others.
Label Cleopatra Records say: “A stellar group of musical virtuosos from the prog stratosphere join the orchestra, lending their talents to these intricately arranged masterworks in a collaborative match made in prog rock heaven.”
- ELP Suite: Tarkus/From The Beginning/Tarkus (Reprise)
- Comfortably Numb – Ian Bairnson
- Thick As A Brick – Richard Harvey
- 21st Century Schizoid Man – Gavin Harrison & Guthrie Govan
- Focus II – Thijs Van Leer
- Nights In White Satin – Mark Feltham
- Think Of Me With Kindness – Patrick Moraz
- Roundabout – Jimmy Greenspoon
- Watcher Of The Skies
- Red Barchetta – Adrian Smith