Terms & Conditions
Welcome to our website teamrock.com (our site). These are our terms.
INFORMATION ABOUT US
www.teamrock.com is a site operated by Team Rock Limited (We). We are a limited company registered in Scotland under company number SC395795 and have our registered office at Prospect Business Centre, 3 Stanley Boulevard, Hamilton International Park, High Blantyre, G72 0BN . Our main trading address is Prospect Business Centre, 3 Stanley Boulevard, Hamilton International Park, High Blantyre, G72 0BN . Our VAT number is GB124336636.
CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
CHANGES TO OUR SITE
We may update our site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
ACCESSING OUR SITE
Access to some parts of our site may require you to register for access.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
By joining TeamRock+ you are consenting to TeamRock keeping you up-to-date with relevant information and promotions by email. You can unsubscribe at any time if you don’t find them interesting and you’ll only get messages about things that we believe are suitable for you, from TeamRock. You can change your contact preferences within your profile at any time.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
NO RELIANCE ON INFORMATION
The content on our site is provided for general information and entertainment only. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
LIMITATION OF OUR LIABILITY
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
THIRD PARTY LINKS AND RESOURCES IN OUR SITE
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for visiting our site.
MEMBERSHIP TERMS & CONDITIONS
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE ORDERING A MEMBERSHIP.
These terms tell you information about us and the legal terms and conditions on which we sell any of the following types of memberships:
- Printed magazine only
- Digital magazine only
- Printed magazine + Exclusive website content
- Digital magazine + Exclusive website content
- Printed magazine + digital magazine + exclusive website content
- Exclusive website content only
We may amend these terms from time to time as set out in paragraph 3.
Information About Us & Contacting Us
- 1.1 We are Team Rock Limited, a limited liability company registered in Scotland under company number SC395795 and with our registered office at Prospect Business Centre, 3 Stanley Boulevard, Hamilton International Park, High Blantyre, G72 0BN. Our main trading address is Prospect House, 3 Stanley Boulevard, High Blantyre, G72 0BN. Our VAT number is GB124336636.
- 1.2 If you wish to contact us for any reason, including because you have any complaints or you wish to end your membership (under paragraph 6), you can contact us by phoning our Customer Services helpline on 01604 251040 or if you are located overseas you can email us at email@example.com.
1.3 If we have to contact you or give you notice in writing, we will do
Terms of the Memberships & Exclusive Website Content
2.1 These terms refer to the following additional terms, which also apply to your membership and the exclusive website content:
- 2.1.4 Our Website Acceptable Use Policy which sets out the acceptable uses for our website including content that you post to it.
- 2.2 Please read these terms carefully and make sure that you understand them, before ordering any memberships from our website www.teamrock.com. Please note that before placing an order you must confirm that you are a consumer (not a business) and you will be asked to agree to these terms. If you refuse to accept these terms, you will not be able to purchase any memberships from our website.
2.3 You should print a copy of these terms or save them to your computer
Our right to vary these terms
- 3.1 We amend these terms from time to time.
- 3.2 Every time you order a membership from us, the terms in force at the time of your order will apply.
- 3.3 We may revise these terms as they apply to your membership from time to time to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements.
- 3.4 If we have to revise these terms as they apply to your membership, we will contact you to give you reasonable advance notice of the changes and let you know how to end your membership if you are not happy with the changes.
How The Membership Is Started
- 4.1 The membership pages on our website will guide you through the steps you need to take to join Team Rock. Our order process allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting your order to us. Please take the time to read and check your order at each page of the order process. Please note the minimum period for your membership will be as specified when you take sign up.
- 4.2 After you place an order, you will receive an email from us acknowledging that we have received your order. However, please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted. Our acceptance of your order will take place as described in paragraph 4.3.
- 4.3 We will confirm our acceptance to you by sending you an email that confirms that your membership has been activated and, where you have ordered a printed magazine, when your first copy will be dispatched (Confirmation). The contract between us for your membership will only be formed when we send you the Confirmation.
- 4.4 If we are unable to activate your membership, for example because that magazine title is no longer available or because of an error in the price on our website as referred to in paragraph 8.5, we will inform you of this by email and we will not process your order. If you have already paid for your membership, we will refund you the full amount including any delivery costs charged as soon as possible.
Renewing A Membership
- 5.1 Your membership will continue for the minimum period.
- 5.2 We will renew your membership automatically for the same period as the minimum period using the same payment methods, unless you phone our Customer Service helpline (or email us if you are located overseas) beforehand to end your membership. For example, if you pay for your membership on a monthly recurring basis, you will continue to pay monthly if you renew. If you pay yearly, you will continue to pay yearly if you renew.
- 5.3 If we increase the price of membership we will place information about this in a prominent position in the next edition of the relevant magazine and on the website and, unless you end your membership in advance, your next renewal will be at the new price.
Ending Your Membership And Getting A Refund
- 6.1 As a consumer you have a legal right to cancel your membership during the first 14 days. Please note that, by accepting these terms you will get immediate access to digital and exclusive website content and any magazines we send you will have no resale value. Therefore, you expressly waive your legal right to cancel and get a full refund. You may still end your membership at any time and get a partial refund under paragraph 6.2.
6.2 You may end your membership at any time and get a partial refund by phoning our Customer Services helpline, or by emailing us if you are located overseas. We will refund you the price you paid for your membership, except for the following deductions:
- 6.2.1 If you bought your membership with an offer that entitled you to a gift, we will reduce your refund proportionately since we will not able to reuse or resell the gifts;
- 6.2.2 We will reduce your refund proportionately to take into account any printed magazines you have already received (or which are in transit to you), even if these magazines are unopened since we will not able to reuse or resell them;
- 6.2.3 We will reduce your refund proportionately to take into account any period (rounded up to the nearest month) that you have had access to the digital magazine or exclusive website content.
- 6.3 We will refund you as soon as possible and in any event within 14 days after you inform us of your decision to end your membership.
- 6.4 We will refund you on the credit card or debit card used by you to pay. If you used vouchers to pay for your membership we may refund you in vouchers.
- 6.5 Because you are a consumer, we are under a legal duty to supply memberships in conformity with these terms. As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to memberships that are faulty or not as described. These legal rights are not affected by your right of refund in this paragraph 6 or anything else in these terms. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
- 6.6 We may end your membership immediately at our reasonable discretion or if you breach any of your obligations under these terms and conditions, including if we do not receive a payment when due from you, or, in the case of a delivery membership if you change your address for delivery to an international address. We will make all reasonable endeavours to contact you, before we end your membership.
Delivery of Printed Magazine
- 7.1 We appoint DSB to deliver your magazine within the UK and they use a standard postal service.
- 7.2 We will deliver to all countries except from those on our Embargoed Countries List. You must comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the country for which the memberships are destined. We will not be liable or responsible if you break any such law.
Membership and Delivery Charges
- 8.1 The prices of the memberships will be as quoted on our website at the time you submit your order. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the prices of memberships are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system. However please see paragraph 8.5 for what happens if we discover an error in the price of membership(s) you ordered.
- 8.2 Prices for our memberships may change from time to time, but changes will not affect any order you have already placed.
- 8.3 VAT is applicable if you order a membership which includes a printed magazine. The price of your membership includes VAT (where applicable) at the applicable current rate chargeable in the UK for the time being. However, if the rate of VAT changes between the date of your order and the date of Confirmation, we will adjust the VAT you pay, unless you have already paid for your memberships in full before the change in VAT takes effect.
- 8.4 The price of your membership includes delivery charges for the printed magazine. Our membership prices including the delivery charges are as advised to you during the check-out process, before you confirm your order. We may adjust the Delivery Charges from time to time as third party delivery costs change.
8.5 It is always possible that, despite our reasonable efforts, some of the memberships on our website may be incorrectly priced. We will normally check prices as part of our Confirmation procedures so that:
- 8.5.1 where the membership's correct price is less than the price stated on our website, we will charge the lower amount when activating your membership; and
- 8.5.2 if the membership's correct price is higher than the price stated on our website, we will contact you by email as soon as possible to inform you of this error and we will give you the option of continuing to purchase the membership at the correct price or cancelling your order. We will not process your order until we have your instructions. If we are unable to contact you using the contact details you provided during the order process, we will treat the order as cancelled and notify you in writing. If the pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as a mispricing, we do not have to provide the memberships to you at the incorrect (lower) price,
How To Pay
- 9.1 You can only pay for memberships using a debit card or credit card. We accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
- 9.2 Payment for your memberships and all applicable delivery charges is as follows depending upon which option you have selected: annual, half yearly, quarterly or monthly.
- 9.3 We will not charge your debit card or credit card until we issue Confirmation.
- 10.1 If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach of these terms or our negligence, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is an obvious consequence of our breach or if it was contemplated by you and us at the time we entered into this contract.
- 10.2 We only supply your membership for domestic and private use. You agree not to use your memberships for any commercial, business or resale purposes.
- 10.3 We have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
10.4 We do not in any way exclude or limit our liability for:
- 10.4.1 death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- 10.4.2 fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- 10.4.3 any breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (title and quiet possession);
- 10.4.4 any breach of the terms implied by section 13 to 15 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (description, satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and samples); and
- 10.4.5 defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
Events Outside Our Control
- 11.1 We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under your membership that is caused by an Event Outside Our Control. An Event Outside Our Control is defined below in paragraph 11.2.
- 11.2 An Event Outside Our Control means any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks or impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport.
11.3 If an Event Outside Our Control takes place that affects the performance of our obligations under your membership:
- 11.3.1 we will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you; and
- 11.3.2 our obligations under your membership will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the Event Outside Our Control. Where the Event Outside Our Control affects our provision of memberships to you or the delivery of a magazine, we will arrange a new delivery date with you after the Event Outside Our Control is over.
- 11.4 You may end your membership affected by an Event Outside Our Control which has continued for more than 30 days. To end your membership you can contact us by phoning our Customer Services helpline, or by emailing us if you are located overseas. If you opt to end your membership, we will refund the price you have paid in advance for any unused portion of your membership, including any delivery charges.
Other important terms
- 12.1 We may use third parties to assist in the provision and fulfilment of any part of your membership on our behalf. We may pass your personal information to such third parties for the purposes of providing your membership to you.
- 12.2 We may transfer our rights and obligations under your membership to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under these terms. We will always notify you by posting on this webpage if this happens.
- 12.3 You may not share or transfer your log-in details to anyone else.
- 12.4 If your membership is a gift, the person buying it and the person receiving it will be bound by these terms. Upon renewal, the person who renews will be bound by these terms.
- 12.5 You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if we agree in writing.
- 12.6 This membership is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
- 12.7 Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- 12.8 If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these terms, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any later default by you.
- 12.9 Please note that these terms are governed by English law and memberships are not available to residents of countries where these terms would be unlawful. This means a contract for the purchase of memberships through our website and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it will be governed by English law. You and we both agree to that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction. However, if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are a resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
To provide a safe and welcoming environment for the users of TeamRock’s services, there are some limitations as to the type of content that can be published / uploaded with TeamRock. These limitations comply with legal requirements and make TeamRock a better experience for all. We may need to change these rules from time to time and reserve the right to do so. Please check back here to see the latest.
You may not impersonate others through the TeamRock service in a manner that does or is intended to mislead, confuse, or deceive others.
We reserve the right to reclaim usernames on behalf of businesses or individuals that hold legal claim or trademark on those usernames. Accounts using business names and/or logos to mislead others may be permanently suspended.
You may not publish or post other people's private and confidential information, such as credit card numbers, street address or Social Security/National Identity numbers, without their express authorization and permission.
VIOLENCE AND THREATS
You may not publish or post direct, specific threats of violence against others.
We will respond to clear and complete notices of alleged copyright infringement.
You may not use our service for any unlawful purposes or in furtherance of illegal activities. International users agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
ABUSE AND SPAM
TeamRock strives to protect its users from abuse and spam. User abuse and technical abuse are not tolerated on TeamRock.com, and may result in permanent suspension. Any accounts engaging in the activities specified below may be subject to permanent suspension.
You may not create multiple accounts for disruptive or abusive purposes, or with overlapping use cases. Mass account creation may result in suspension of all related accounts. Please note that any violation of the TeamRock Rules is cause for permanent suspension of all accounts.
You may not engage in targeted abuse or harassment. Some of the factors that we take into account when determining what conduct is considered to be targeted abuse or harassment are:
- If you are sending messages to a user from multiple accounts;
- If the sole purpose of your account is to send abusive messages to others;
- If the reported behavior is one-sided or includes threats
You may not engage in username squatting. Accounts that are inactive for more than six months may also be removed without further notice.
You may not use the TeamRock service for the purpose of spamming anyone. What constitutes “spamming” will evolve as we respond to new tricks and tactics by spammers.
You may not use obscene or pornographic images in either your profile photo, header photo, or user background. Your account may be suspended for Terms of Service violations if any of the above is true.
You will not post content or take any action on TeamRock that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
You will not threaten, target, victimize or bully anyone on TeamRock’s service.
We can remove any content or information you post on TeamRock if we believe that it violates this Statement or our policies.
If you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions tell you the terms on which you may enter into our competitions. Some of our competitions may include specific terms and conditions, which you will need to read in conjunction with these terms.
1. INFORMATION ABOUT US
We are Team Rock Limited, a limited liability company registered in Scotland under company number SC395795 and with our registered office at Prospect Business Centre, 3 Stanley Boulevard, Hamilton International Park, High Blantyre, G72 0BN . Our main trading address is Prospect Business Centre, 3 Stanley Boulevard, Hamilton International Park, High Blantyre, G72 0BN . Our VAT number is GB124336636.
2. CONTACTING US
2.1 If you wish to contact us in writing, or if any condition in these terms of service requires you to give us notice in writing, you can send this to us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by prepaid post to: Team Rock Limited Prospect Business Centre, 3 Stanley Boulevard, Hamilton International Park, High Blantyre, G72 0BN . We will confirm receipt of this by contacting you in writing, normally by email.
2.2 If we have to contact you or give you notice in writing, we will do so by email or by pre-paid post to the address you have provided to us.
3. TERMS OF COMPETITIONS
3.1 We are legally responsible for operating and promoting all competitions on behalf of Team Rock Limited and our group of companies, together with those for a third party where specified.
3.2 Please read these terms carefully before you enter into our competitions. By entering into our competitions, you confirm that you accept these terms and you agree to comply with them. If you do not agree to these terms, you must not enter into our competitions.
3.3 You should print a copy of these terms or save them to your computer for future reference.
4. OUR RIGHT TO VARY THESE TERMS
We amend these terms from time to time. Please look at the top of this page to see when these terms were last updated and which terms were changed.
5. ELIGIBILITY FOR OUR COMPETITIONS
5.1 Unless otherwise stated, each competition is open to all persons aged 18 years or older resident anywhere in the world where participation in the competition is not unlawful. Each competition is void where prohibited by law.
5.2 Some of our competitions may impose additional eligibility requirements. Such additional requirements will be made available to you prior to your entry.
5.3 If you are a US resident and you are a winner, you will have to complete, execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release which we will send you. You must do so by the time prescribed by us. Failure to provide additional information and/or complete additional documents within the required time period, or notification returned as undeliverable as addressed will result in your disqualification as a winner and we will select an alternative winner.
5.4 You and your immediate family are excluded from entering into any of our competitions and any attempted entry will be deemed invalid If you are an employee of (a) Team Rock Limited or its group of companies; and (b) any third party we appoint to organise and/or manage the Competition; and (c) the Sponsor(s).
5.5 We reserve the right to request proof of identity and / or age of all entrants to ensure that our eligibility requirements have been met.
6. ENTRY TO OUR COMPETITIONS
6.1 Details for all of our competitions can be found at www.teamrock.com/competitions/ and in relevant magazines or memberships. Information will include the relevant opening and closing dates, the prize available and any restrictions on entry.
6.2 Entry to all of our competitions will require you to use your skill, knowledge or judgement. This will include, but is not limited to, selecting the correct answer to a particular question.
6.3 You may enter our competitions through the following methods where indicated:
6.3.2 Telephone: Entry will be subject to applicable network charges and will vary considerably depending upon where you live. Telephone entries from mobile phones may be even higher. We may also impose a charge and if we do this will be stated upfront. You must ensure that you have the bill payer’s permission before entering through this method.
6.3.3 SMS: Entry will be subject to applicable network charges and we may also impose a charge which will be stated upfront. For the avoidance of doubt, SMS entries will be deemed received on arrival by us.
6.3.4 Post: Entry can be made by posting the required information to Team Rock Limited at Prospect Business Centre, 3 Stanley Boulevard, Hamilton International Park, High Blantyre, G72 0BN . You will be responsible for any applicable postal charges and your entry will be deemed received on arrival.
6.4 When entering any of our competitions you must provide us with your proper legal name together with appropriate contact details that we request.
6.5 We reserve the right to reject entries that are in breach of paragraph 6.4 above or are otherwise deficient or unlawful in any way. We will not be liable to you for any lost or late entries.
6.6 We will select winners randomly from all valid entries we receive.
7.1 The winning entry will be that which has met the entry criteria and which most closely meets the competition criteria specified.
7.2 All prizes are subject to availability, are non-transferable and non-exchangeable. You must accept prizes in the form that they are offered. Non-cash prizes cannot be exchanged for a cash alternative.
7.3 If prizes are to be provided to winner(s) by a third party sponsor of the competition, the sponsor is responsible for providing the prize(s) to the winner(s) (not us).
7.4 We will aim to deliver the prize within 30 days after the closing date of the competition, subject to the winner confirming their details and satisfying our eligibility criteria detailed in paragraph 5. If the winner fails to confirm their details and/or satisfy our eligibility criteria in paragraph 5, we reserve the right to award the prize to someone else.
7.5 If your contact details change following entry, it is your responsibility to notify us.
The provider of the prize(s) reserves the right to substitute any prizes with a prize of equivalent value.
7.6 Prizes will not include any additional costs or expenses, unless otherwise stated.
7.7 We reserve the right to withdraw your prize or select an alternative winner if you are unable to satisfy our identity checks.
7.8 We have no liability to you in relation to prizes that are supplied by a third party and you agree to be bound by any additional terms and conditions that a third party may impose.
8. EVENT PRIZES
8.1 In relation to prizes that include tickets or attendance at a particular event, you accept that we are not liable to you or any guests if the event is cancelled, postponed or rescheduled.
8.2 Where an event involves travel or a significant level of physical activity, we may require that you submit medical evidence as proof that you are fit to participate or for you to sign a statement confirming you are fit to participate.
8.3 All guests that participate in an event with you, agree that they will be bound by the terms set out in this document.
9. HOLIDAY PRIZES
9.1 Where you have received a holiday as a prize, you and any accompanying guest(s), will be responsible for:
9.1.1 the cost of all relevant insurance (including but not limited to travel insurance, insurance for theft, loss and damage to property and equipment);
9.1.2 spending money and other expenses including the cost of any relevant transfers;
9.1.3 airport departure, government taxes and the cost of any visa;
9.1.4 checking any travel alerts or warnings issued by the Government in relation to the holiday destination; and
9.1.5 obtaining any immunisation or vaccination required the holiday prize destination country.
9.2 You and your accompanying guest(s) must have valid passports and visas (if applicable) with expiry dates no less than six months at the date of travel or such other duration as may be required by any relevant country.
9.3 We shall not be liable to you or your guest(s) for any losses or damage arising from:
9.3.1 refused entry or travel by passport control or any relevant authorities; and/or
9.3.2 failure to follow any travel warnings or alerts issued by the Government.
9.4 We have no obligation to substitute any alternative prize, cash equivalent or other compensation where you and your guest(s) fail to redeem a holiday prize for any reason.
10. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
10.1 We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our competitions. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
10.2 By entering into our competition you agree:
10.2.1 to assign us all intellectual property rights in connection with and arising from your entry;
10.2.2 that nothing in your entry breaches any third party intellectual property rights and you will indemnify us should this not be case;
10.2.3 that we can publicise and broadcast your name, location and voice on our site and our radio station (Team Rock Radio); and
10.2.4 to participate in our marketing campaigns which may involve, but is not limited to, being photographed, videoed or recorded and you agree that we own the rights in any subsequent publicity.
11. DATA PROTECTION
11.2 You agree that by participating in our competitions you will become a TeamRock User.
11.3 You acknowledge that, where the competition is being run on the Facebook or other third party site, you are disclosing information to us and any competition sponsor(s) and not just to Facebook or owner of the third party site and the competition is not endorsed by Facebook or the owners of the third party site.
11.4 You are deemed to have the consent of any guest whose details you submit on their behalf when entering into our competitions.
11.5 You have the right to access and rectify personal information held by us and such requests must be sent in writing to Team Rock Limited, Prospect Business Centre, 3 Stanley Boulevard, Hamilton International Park, High Blantyre, G72 0BN .
12. LIMITATION OF OUR LIABILITY
12.1 Nothing in these terms excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or our fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by English law.
12.2 To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our competitions, whether express or implied.
12.3 We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
12.3.1 entry to our competitions; or
12.3.2 prizes awarded through our competitions.
We reserve the right to terminate any of our competitions for any reason without notice.
14. OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS
14.1 We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our competitions that is caused by any act or event beyond our reasonable control.
14.2 The decisions we make relating to our competitions and the allocation of prizes are final and cannot be challenged.
14.3 If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these terms, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations.
15. APPLICABLE LAW
These terms and conditions, its subject matter and its formation, are governed by English law. You and we both agree to that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction.
Thank you for entering our competition.